
From a very young age, I learned the importance of work. I remember going with my Dad to help him with his landscaping job. I would help a little here and there until I got tired of doing the work because of the heat or just because it was hard work! But, there was my Dad who continued to work for hours and never took a break or a rest, it seemed. He also worked just as hard on our yard. I wonder still: how in the world does he keep the grass so green!?
This is my Dad's attitude with everything he does. My Dad would come home from a long day of work and take us outside and play baseball, soccer, kickball, you name it. I looked forward to these times. Those memories are special to me. Also, I have never seen him slack in a church calling. He will maginfy any calling that is given to him and he will do it willingly. Because of this, he is respected and loved in his neighborhood. My dad is always the first to volunteer to help, and he ALWAYS finishes a job. To me, that has been the greatest lesson: Finish what you start!
No comments:
Post a Comment