Sunday, June 17, 2007

Dad becoming a Grandpa

When my Dad came to the hospital
after I had Hayden, it was one of the sweetest things I have seen. He was so gentle and sweet, him holding his first grandchild. He is always a fun grandpa with my kids. He plays with them and spoils them and most of all, he loves them. I never feel like my kids are a burden to him. He loves being around them and that means a lot to me. My dad taught Hayden how to clap at 6 months of age. He has to be the youngest baby to ever clap!! My Dad also was there when Hayden took his first steps. He had the idea of holding Pepsi in front of him to get him to take a step, and it worked! My dad surprised me when I was in the hospital with Maya and brought 2 of the cutest outfits that I have ever seen. Who knew my Dad could pick out cute girl clothes? I know my kids love their Grandpa Elliott. Thanks for playing an active role in my children's lives, Dad.

No comments: