Thursday, November 15, 2007

How big is big?


Clearfield, Penn.: Denny's Beer Barrel Pub
1452 Woodland Road
(814) 765-7190

Assembling the country's largest commercially available hamburger is a tumultuous endeavor requiring competitive dedication, impeccable grilling skills and lots of ground beef. In 1998, Denny's Beer Barrel Pub brought this coveted title home to Central Pennsylvania with its respectable six-pound offering. Then in 2005, the Clinton Station Diner in Clinton, New Jersey, trumped Denny's with their 12.5-pound 'Zeus' burger, only to be outdone one year later by the build-your-own-burger chain Fuddrucker's, which grilled up a 29-pounder.

Well, to the delight of Pennsylvanians everywhere, this year Denny's reclaimed the record with their mammoth 123-pound Main Event Charity Burger! Here's the breakdown: an 80-pound beef patty, a 30-pound bun, 160 slices of cheese, ketchup, mustard, mayo, and—to assuage any nutritional guilt—a pound of lettuce and 12 tomatoes. Outstanding.

6 comments:

Brent's Family said...

So whats for dinner Georgie?

Brandi said...

Wow, is this a craving you're having? Actually, do you ever stop craving burgers? My mouth is watering. I'm going to go eat dinner...but not a burger. :(

Meet the Elliott's said...

Pizza my dear, next week Turkey and more turkey left overs....

Lila said...

WOW! That is a monster burger! Who could eat that in one sitting? I would like to see the nutrtion break down on that one. I wonder how many calories are in that burger?

Jerry said...

I would love a piece of that burger!

Shelley Crowther said...

yuck!